PART1.. Lindy, where are YOU!

It's the first signs you see when walking into a Centrelink office. (Human services)

I want to write the for and against here as it's probably the easiest way of explaining the complex life as a welfare recipient that really and truly doesn't want to be.  I've considered not claiming welfare, but I need a roof over my head and food in my belly so it really wasn't an option.

Why would I chose to give up my life and what a great one it was. Bloody good money, no household expenses (company provided home and utilities, even mobile phones)
I had the luxury of 2400 acres, big electric gates that shut the world out each night and I job that I was so enthusiastic about that I looked forward to my days.  It suited me and my hyperactive nature. I got plenty of exercise in the field, got to use my brain and problem solve all the time, I had huge responsibilities and challenges. I love those things as it made me human and proud. My life in a nutshell was too perfect.
It was a very demanding and tiresome job, no vacations as somebody had to be on site at all times (with the exclusion of a 6 hour pass). My day started at 5 am.... no not get up at 5 am, I started work at 5 am. Another thing that suited me as I'm a huge lover of mornings. My day didn't end really, until I went to bed at 9 pm.  But technically it probably ended at about 6.30 each evening.  I didn't go to bed totally wrecked and ruined as my body thrived on this lifestyle.

One day early in the morning, I was standing out on the weighbridge platform to hand a truck driver his paper work upon him exiting the site. He was full face in the sun and a very dear polite client. WHACK !!!   He hit the platform due to the sun blinding him..... initially I was whacked in the head and wiped off my feet down a flight of stairs from a very large solid steel pole. I remember it in slow motion.  Instantly, I went to get up madly looking for the paperwork to finish this business transaction. That didn't happen. I didn't get up, I couldn't..... then my eyes shut and I wake in the local medical clinic. Trying to get out of the bed, I new I had to get back to work. The nurse was instantly by my side stopping me as she was sitting there assessing me.  Linda she said, you've had a serious accident and we've called an ambulance. I kept drifting in and out of consciousness with the nurse not allowing me to sleep.  She kept non relevant chit chat going to keep my brain interested and distracted.  The hospital visit is what is expected... tests, lines attached everywhere, a nurse watching over me and I was naked under a blanket. They had cut all my clothes off and I had a brace on my neck.  I can't remember how long I was there, but the tests proved severe concussion and no brain bleed or other broken bones. I was allowed to go home once they felt my concussion was not a threat.  I took about 5 days off if I remember right.  The October health and safety officer came to my home to do the incident report and workcover paper work.  I said, " I don't want workcov
er, if it turns to be major, I will look at it then. I have two years".  The OHS manager called head office to see if this was allowed.  Yes it was ok, I didn't HAVE to go on workers comp.  my biggest nightmare was going on workers comp. The excessive baggage and labelling that came with it was not something I ever wanted.

TO BE CONTINUED........   some days, I struggle for words like anybody else.  I've decided to do this one as an ongoing peice as it's so huge. Bigger than life !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My little experience that damaged my life of purity

Me and a professional chatting

Thankyou for being you !