My little experience that damaged my life of purity

I'd witnessed major contamination within the company ( south Australia's largest landfill on 22 hundred acres.) I worked for and lived on work site location.   10 years of being a highly respected dedicated, honest HARD worker.   Down the drain because we knew too much and a large corporation bought into the once family owned business.  We were now a threat. 5 people in total were slowly, brutally traumatised, bullied, harassed, tortured and forced to either resign or be laid off as redundant position.  One person in particular is deceased now, coronary report, unknown cause of death. ( this generally means too much stress and no spirit or will to keep living).

I copped most of it as I was the manager in most areas of daily operations. My job description was broad. Titled administration manager, I was the Weigh bridge operator , administrator, labourer in many areas. Wether it be picking up blown around litter from the cells, managing and logging well depths against table water depths every day, 7 days a week, cleaning the staff toilet and shower facilities, hiring staff, ensuring all safety standards were met and addressed, communicating and taking direction from EPA, loader operator to help get a job done quicker, photographer ( each day at closure, photos of the cell in operation had to be photographed to prove that coverage of clay was done and to standards) , staff time sheet management ( checking that no fraudulent times were claimed and signing them off as correct claim), machinery logging each Sunday which involved me getting the hours from each machine ( bit like odometer) and record this information on a weekly machine hours sheet ( approximately 12 machines details to record, notify management when machine hours were up and due for servicing, fuelling generators every 12 hours that pumped table water to keep leach at a safe level from it ( this ment no going away for a weekend, longest we could leave our work/ home was 10 hours, no family vacations as one person had to be on site at all times for the generators and security, client liaison for approved dumping and requirements met.   Look I could go on and on.     Silly thing, I was on the go constantly with several injuries that I just pushed through and had them managed by my gp as a private patient ( not work cover, by choice) . The injuries caused sleepless nights due to pain. There wasn't a day that went by I wasn't pushing through my pain barrier and sustaining more slight injuries, these included burns from the generator pipes as to access the servicing parts, headaches from heat exhaustion, general bangs and bruises..... My poor body was slowly falling to pieces, but I switched off and kept going.
So in summary, to be put on poor work performance management, was not only a shock, but totally confusing.  It wasn't until I looked back in hindsight that we realised that all these strange changes of attitude and treatment was due to " we knew too much" get rid of them, makes me sick to the stomach still.   Unfortunately, I now suffer from a severe neurological disorder ( don't get this confused with a mental disorder).  This disorder is caused by major physical injuries without the rest required and the trauma, mental trauma, exhaustion and bullying.  My brains wiring has shut down. Like a computer overload. No chance of recovery, I have this for life.  It's worse than most cases of multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's.  My symptoms are like that of ms, Parkinson's, cerebral palsy and a stroke victim.  I have seizures, temporary paralysis, malabsorption, severe stomach and bowel disorder, kidney disease ( pyelonephritis), migraines, comatose like shutdown for around 3 days every 2 to 3 months, give or take, autoimmune disorder ( food, dust, chemical allergies) , chronic over sensory problems ( noise, movement, and patience issues), was on watch and wait with my blood results for 18 months due to leucocytosis on the verge of lymphoma, that metastasised to all my lymph nodes throughout my body. All these things I have to live with for the rest of my life. They are not temporary illnesses or diseases, they are permanent.  My life has to be in such ridiculous balance for everything I do, physically, mentally, diet, rest, exercise etc.    I call it existing, not living.   I'm in the so called prime of my life (45) with two gorgeous daughters and 3 grandchildren, another on the way. A part of life that I have always looked forward too.  It kills me that I can't be that grandma I wanted to be.    
I ended up on workcover with 7 medical approved claims ( not including my neurological disorder), in process now of adding it.  However, my income was cut off after the 130 weeks or whatever it is, I was deemed fit to work.  No tests, no medical examinations etc, just an administration decision. I lost everything, went bankrupt, told my then partner of 20 years to move on without me.  Naturally he didn't want to, we had a magnificent relationship. Always did from the day we met.  Why would I throw it away ???   Because I was no longer that person he met and could not offer him happiness from an unhappy person.   You know the saying, " if you love something set it free". Well that's what my soul decided.  I went my way..... Living from my car and just couch surfing. A lot of things in between, but to get to the point, we are now living together as friends as he would not give up on me.   It's working fine the way it is, but still a lot of covered up sadness.
I don't do sick, never ever did. I believed I was in control of that.   Not many friends know of my journey of pain and illness as I can't stand whining.  It makes me feel even weaker.  On the positive side, I suppose only the strong survive , endure the hard path and keep going.  ( a lot of pit stops) , but get back up again.
Being such a strong dedicated honest person has not paid off for me and now when I need it the most, I have to dig deep.

But, wait.   There's a shining light at the end of this tunnel.
I regarded this story about my journey of hard work and corruption by little boys the end, the end of the way I thought my life was going to be.

The understanding of suffering like Buddha explains is so true. Enlightenment can not be found without struggle.

I can't wait for this next piece of writing to describe me and how I feel.

My life is now on such a beautiful path with legalities all finished and a huge smile on my face. No, not the money. The lifestyle that I've longed for and was born to have has arrived.
lush green acreage with my own little creek, my own grown produce, a stress free life of having nobody to answer to or torment my innocent mind anymore.
This is where my destiny and intent for life had always been. My life I am now receiving is what made me work hard and stay honest all my life.
The fear of it all being out of reach and digging deeper and deeper to no avail has ended.

I MADE IT. I BLOODY MADE IT.
Yes I'm broken in several places and I'm limited as to what I can do. But my mind is as free as a bird, I live in a place that everybody dreams.
Happiness
I sleep at night knowing my footprints in this life are as pure and honest as the day.
No materialistic needs, not that I ever had that metaphoric need anyhow. But I really and truthfully love the sunrise and the local birds and their monogamy. I love the ants that work so hard to carry that little crumb of bread to their babies, all the while knowing that one accidental foot step from a single human being could end it all.
I love watching and noticing the vegetable garden grow and flourish, not from their new found jet ski, but the soil, the sun and the rain.
I love watching people be kind and I love offering kindness.  That's never changed and never will.

What truly saddens me is watching all the suits running around creating chaos and looking like they have achieved something. It's all an act to these money driven humans. It's dishonesty, greed, bullying, corrupt thinking ,the budgets to be met by the suit higher up, the need to impress, the empty nests of actual self satisfaction from real life, the family they neglect to earn more money to buy the things they want, when all they want is what I have right now.

LIFE IN ITS SIMPLEST FORM
Storms come and they go.!

NIRVANA
NAMASTE.
AMEN (ie men)
SEWA
GOD BLESS


Comments

  1. I love looking back on some writings. It reminds me of where I am now and where I was before. Not a day (in all honesty) goes by,that I don't look out the window and smile at the scenery. I've just moved from one place in queensland which was more of a pit stop to get medical and crap in order. Now I'm finally at my destiny of living the life and environment I've longed for. Gympie queensland. I just love this place, the feeling of yesteryear and a strange feeling like "I'm home finally".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Me and a professional chatting

Thankyou for being you !