Life's food and side dishes with MS.
All of us have struggled at some point in our life. Some bigger than others, but it's how you surface and what you learn along the way that is important.
The test it puts on your relationship is probably the biggest factor for me. I went through the cycle and stages of anger, frustration, loneliness, fear and more.
I hope I'm nearer the acceptance now.
I just wanted to do what forest gump did. Run, run away. Don't know where I was running too or what I was running from, but the urge to run was real.
The loneliness of battling things alone, the inability to do simple things and above all, losing independence.
I lost faith in my partner before giving him the chance to prove that he could help me live, fulfil my needs and happiness, that's the loss of independence fear.
The last month or so, he's been there at 1.30 in the morning because my body had gone into rigid spasticity and was having trouble breathing. He acted out the hero I never thought I had. He's dropped everything at work and was home within 30 minutes to get me to hospital after being told by my Doctor you are going into hospital NOW. He helps me shower, he's wiped a million of tears he has not once let me down when I need someone to talk too when I feel like I can't go on. Knowing he will answer the phone or stop what he's doing at home.
Just knowing I have that one person that I CAN rely on at any time of the day everyday has taught me what genuine compassion is. It's never inconvenient for him.
I now know what life is all about and he was sent to teach me.
He believes in reincarnation and he's adamant this is his last shot to get it right. 
And I was the lucky one to be chosen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My little experience that damaged my life of purity

Me and a professional chatting

Thankyou for being you !