Spring but brings new life....and bitches

of late, the weather has been absolutely great here in Queensland. For more reasons than one.
A few months ago ,Watching the wildlife fossicking as busy as a person working overtime to prepare their nests.
Now they are all very quiet and only the hunter is seen. Don't dare walk somewhere different or unusual to you though as you will be attacked.
You can laugh and totally relate as a human really.
The excitement of going out shopping and looking at all the baby gizmos. Some required, most not.
The labour delivery and then going home and playing mum.

I've been watching these possums that live in our roof since May this year. Up until now, they have been very sweet and peaceful. Well things have changed this week as mummy is now a bitch.
I only ever heard them going to bed around 4 am. Quietly running along a wire from near a tree and gently landing in the tin roof. Then I would hear a gentle scurry through the cavity for them to get to their usual sleeping spot. This little routine always stopped me in my tracks and gave me thought of life and how everything living is striving for the same thing at the end of the day. SURVIVAL.
Well blow me down Charlie. I forgot what monsters we become when our young are born. Protective, hormonal, tired and bitter towards the male part that put us here. Ha ha ha. Poor bastards.
I've been videoing the sounds they make at 4am the past few days. I can't quite figure out who's out and who's in these days. I'm gathering she's got babies up there as we are getting bits of noise and scurry through the day. Nothing big or lasting, just awake.
When it comes 4am , there a huge shit fight. It would wake you if you were sleeping. It wakes rob up.  Rob said," what's with the possums lately ?".  I smiled at him and said, "I think mummy has babies and when daddy does his usual at 4am from the pub, he tries to hop into bed and mummy has her arms full of feeding babies".  You can picture it though. After all the screaming noises and thumping that echoes through the house for around 10 minutes, you hear the soft but loud scurry of daddy possum heading towards the other end of the roof cavity to sleep. Mummy has designated him to another room.
So instead of us getting angry and considering the possums being removed, we both had a giggle at how life is for every living thing. This noise and arguing of the possum family shall pass. I said to rob Then we will block the hole so they can move elsewhere. I don't want a neighbourhood happening up there. He agreed. "But you will have to do it between 12 and 3am when they are out shopping otherwise you will lock them in there to die". Robs smile quickly turned into doubt.
So the moral of the story is, DONT FUCK WITH A MUM, THEY WILL FIGHT TO THEIR DEATH TO PROTECT THEIR BEBIES.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything is nothing

No fucking title