The good Doctor and family visit recipe.

me and my mixed up muddled up mind.

When I see my Doctor (5 hour turn around drive), I also visit my daughter and grandsons. It's generally nerve racking preparing for the journey but once there, I leave with a feeling of achievement.

Evidently and very obviously, I'm surfacing from a relapse. An MS relapse.
With aggressive ms, unfortunately I don't recover from relapses. The damage is there for good.
In RRMS, people recover from relapses with some slight permanent changes.
And, no I don't intend to make any MS sound like an easier or less invasive form.

Off that subject.
Sort of any way.   When visiting my GP, it's like catching up with a friend. He's just the best doctor and all round person. He treats my MS with dignity and so badly wants to fix me. He doesn't ever offer or try to ram more medications into me. He sits with his legs up on his chair like a relaxed person does and listeners so intently to every thing I say. He looks at me in the face. He has what every doctor should have.
So that's why I travel the distance each month.
This visit, I had to explain some major changes to my vision, right leg, cognitive organisation, plus some. After his clinic examinations and questions, he drops his head staring into his lap and folded legs up on his chair.
  "You've had a relapse again" he says with disappointment.
" there's nothing I CAN do to help you".

I was looking at him with so much compassion, he really wanted me to leave that room with hope and insight.
" I know there's nothing you can do" I reply. You had to be there moment really. It was a very soft and touching conversation.
My Doctor seems to find the courage or excitement of hope, I'm not sure.
I think you need some medical intervention from your Neurologist.
 He explains the type of treatment in medical terms. I know what he's referring to..... infusions.
Very quickly whilst still looking disappointed, he says that's it, you're ok to go now.
Pa enlightens me upon walking out of the clinic, your doctor is so dedicated that he feels ashamed when he can't fix everything.

Little does he know that he's fixed so much for me.... HUMANITY.


THEN add a pinch of family and grandchildren.

Place it in the oven until golden brown,warm, soft and happy !










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My little experience that damaged my life of purity

Me and a professional chatting

Thankyou for being you !